Ever feel like you have nothing to wear? Or getting dressed is chore each day? Obviously, we have all been there. I wish I could say having these 10 things in your closet is going to be the miracle that solves this problem forever. Not going to happen. Sorry ladies. But, I do believe having a few essentials can really help eliminate this. Most days.
As a stay at home Mom my essentials might not be the classic “LBD” or classic black dress pants. Not practical for my lifestyle. But, I do like feeling put together, while still being comfortable. These are my year round top 10 wardrobe essentials.
(Keep in mind any of these things can be purchased within any budget. I am all about investement pieces mixed in with lower cost items. I recommend buying the best quality you can afford on things that are classic. While spending less on the trendy. I own some of the exact items below, while others are just things I like/would like to have.)
1. A great pair of dark wash jeans. I like a straight or skinny fit. This way they can be worn with boots, flats or heels. Even rolled in the summer for a cropped look. Confession. I am designer jean addict. Invest in a pair that fits great, and you will have them for years. Or check places like Nordstrom Rack, for a bargain on a designer pair!
2. Button down shirt. I am not going to say it has to be white, because I don’t even own one right now. But, I love a white, chambray or even gingham. I find myself reaching for my chambray more often than anything else I own. You can pair a button down with anything. From jeans to a skirt. Plus, it is a great layering piece.
3. Layering tees or tanks. Details welcomed. Everyone should own a few good camisoles. With lace, without. Under your button down. Layered with a cardigan. Under your too low top, for modesty sake.
4. Cardigans. Who doesn’t love a good cardigan? I think I own more cardigans than anything else. Remember, brights are the new neutral.
5. A skirt. Some would say pencil. Some would say maxi. Others full. I am just going to say a well fitting neutral skirt. Whether that be black, grey, khaki, or even denim. For me, one of my most worn skirts is a highwasited full chambray skirt I made last summer. I wear it weekly.
6. Classic ballet flats. Even in a fun color! They are cute and comfortable.
7. A skinny belt. I find myself wearing a belt more and more often. Rarely in belt loops though. Over a lose fitting blouse, with a tucked in tee and maxi skirt, a belt instantly defines the waist. Giving an hourglass illusion.
8. A striped tee. To say I am obsessed with stripes would be a huge understatement. Stripes are classic. Look great with other patterns, and are available at every price range. Layer them under a cardigan. Or tuck them into a skirt. Or just simple with a pair of jeans.
9. White v-neck. I have already professed my love for this wardrobe staple. Get one. You won’t be disappointed. Get 3. Or 5.
10. A blazer. Stacey and Clinton’s most beloved item of clothing. The blazer is perfect to dress up jeans and a tee shirt or throw on over a dress. Roll up the sleeves for a more casual look.
There you have it. My top 10 wardrobe essentials for any season. What are your wardrobe essentials? Are you a bargain shopper, or more of an investment shopper? And any other designer jeans addicts out there?