Ugh. I love my husband, but sometimes, gifting for him is sooo hard…..hmm…………………………….I’ve been trying to come up with something spectacular to do for him for Father’s Day. As you may have noticed, the desk isn’t coming along quite as quickly as I had hoped (something about my only “me” time being between the hours of 10 pm and midnight each day, I think), so now it’s time for Plan B. I went to the craft store yesterday and wandered around aimlessly for about an hour, hoping that something would speak to me, only to get lost in the seventy-percent-off silk flower department. I’m in trouble. So, what’s a girl to do? Call on my friend, Google, for a little “pinspiration” of course! I thought I might not be the only person out there in a similar predicament, so I have compiled, for your reading pleasure, a list of my top 12 DIY Father’s Day gift ideas. Some of them, unfortunately, need more than a few of days to complete, so I’ll save them for next year . The others are what I’ve narrowed it down to, and what my sweet hubby can look forward to Sunday morning.
1. This “I love you this much!” card is my number one pick. Of course, I’ll take any chance that I get to remember the size of those little hands. I’m planning on writing each child’s name and the year on the back of the card for a keepsake.
2. Another one of my top contenders. What dad doesn’t want to feel like a super hero on Father’s Day? This blog also has a great tutorial on how to assemble the banner as well as a free printable for the “Super Dad” letters. It’s a lot easier than you’d think!
3. Trace each family member’s hands on colored card stock, cut, and then nestle inside each other in a pretty frame. I might have to do this craft on my own, without a holiday, or maybe on the holiday called Tuesday.
4. This little hand tree is adorable. Are we seeing a trend here?
5. I just love this idea for a “We love you because….” photo collage. Ask the kids why they love Dad and write it on giant word bubbles, then take a picture!
6. This tie banner is so cute. I honestly can’t decide whether to make this one or the Superman one. And, if you like them on Facebook, you can download a free printable to make the banner and everything else!
7. Ha! I remember making candy cards for guys I dated back in high school. This brings back fun memories. I’m sure any dad would love this.
8. Pop Rocks…..popcorn……“You’re the best Pop!” Gotta love a good pun! These ideas would be wonderful in a gift basket.
9. For the man who loves his ride…..Daddy’s Car Wash Kit. This would be a great one to let the kids help assemble.
10. I think this hero printable framed would be an amazing gift for any father. It would go well with the Superman decorations in number 2, in my opinion.
11. This is another hand print picture idea that I just couldn’t resist posting. In fact, this one is pretty much the main reason why this is a “top 12″ post, and not a “top 10″ post.
12. To top it all off, some grill cupcakes for dessert. Are those Mike n Ike hot dogs?!?!
What are the Dads in your life getting for Father’s Day? We’d love to hear about it!